The webinar on rabies prevention is scheduled for Tuesday 30th of June, at 9:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST).
A webinar has been organized under the framework of LinkTADs, an EC-funded project that aims at linking Epidemiology and Laboratory Research on Transboundary Animal Diseases and Zoonoses in EU and China, to improve knowledge on rabies prevention and control.
Rabies occurs in more than 150 countries and territories, with 95% of human deaths reported in Africa and Asia, mostly in rural areas. Recently dog-mediated human rabies deaths have been extensively discussed as a candidate for global elimination. Although there is a good dog rabies vaccine and effective human post exposure prophylaxis available, there are still many challenges for implementing rabies control, especially in developing countries.
Rabies control requires a multi-dimensional approach especially cooperation between animal and human health sectors (wildlife). Rabies elimination is a public good and it has been identify by the Tripartite alliance (WHO, OIE and FAO) as a priority to implement the One Health approach.
- Rabies case for global elimination - Bernadette Abela-Ridder (WHO);
- Stepwise approach for rabies control - Katinka de Balogh (FAO);
- Rabies blueprint - Louis Nel (Rabies Alliances-GARC);
- OIE Rabies regulations - Gregorio Torres (OIE);
- Principles and Practices for Rapid Rabies Control - Eric Brum (FAO);
Each presentation will last 15 minutes. The presentations will be followed by a general discussion of 15min.
How to join the webinar:
- To enter the webinar please click the above link only 10 minutes before the webinar is due to start. And then select “enter as guest” and type your name.
- Please note that the time is from 9.00 to 10.30 ROME TIME. You will need speakers or earphones connected in order to hear the presentation.
- The webinar can be viewed through your normal web browser, note that you will need a recent version of Flash player installed, and reasonable internet bandwidth - for Flash player see https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
- Please click here (https://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm) to check your pc supports Adobe connect and is up to date.
- Please check your time zone here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Further information about the webinar
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement No:613804